- Farm A Month: Where Does Our Food Come From? Educator's Guide
Farm A Month: Where Does Our Food Come From? Educator's Guide
Item ID: AE-FARMTHLP-004-001
Size & Type: 36" x 24" map
Unit Quantity: 1 Lesson Plan Set
- This Pre K – Elementary resource includes 12 activities that each feature a different commodity (one per month for a year), 12 letters from farmers who own that type of operation, a large (36 x 24”) US map, and stickers for each of the commodities & farmers to place on the map.
- Commodities featured: maple syrup, popcorn, peaches, pears, apples, pumpkins, turkeys, cranberries, cheese, lettuce, oranges and grapes.
- The resource also has suggested snacks and books for each activity. Great for teachers to incorporate agriculture every month into their classrooms!
- Pairs well with the following 12 books:
- Sugarbush Spring; The Apple Orchard Riddle; Time for Cranberries; How Many Seeds In A Pumpkin?; Turkeys; Extra Cheese, Please?; Popcorn!; How Did That Get In My Lunchbox?; Mr. Putter & Tabby Pick The Pears; From Oranges To Orange Juice; California Grapes; and From Pit To Peach Tree.